Tuesday, March 18, 2008

To Know Him is to Love Him :)





Stolen from http://happychildhood.homeschooljournal.net/ ...hope she doesn't mind

1. What is his name?
Mark Douglas ________

2. How long have you been together?
7 years

3. How long did you date?
We dated for two years, got engaged 3 months after 2 year anniversary, and got married 3 months after we got engagaed. We've been married almost 5 years now.

4. How old is he?
38

5. Who eats more?
Since my surgery, him, before that we were probably pretty even lol

6. Who said I love you first?
He did. And I thought he was too good to be true so I whispered "please don't say that..." I was so afraid something was going to tear us apart. It all worked out in the end...I was in love too, just too afraid to verbalize it.

7. Who’s Taller?
Mark

7b (question that wasn’t asked: Who’s Older?
Mark is 2.5 years older than me.

8. Who can sing better?
He can, definitely! He is a musician. I try not to sing in his presence, I'm sure he appreciates that! I do a great impression of Edith Bunker singing the opening song on the All in the Family show...he LOVES that ;)

9. Who is smarter?
That depends. Mark is a genius, literally...however he can't remember "that guy that was in that one movie where they fall in love and it was really funny and he had brown hair...honey do you remember?" And he can't remember to put his socks in the hamper. I remember useless triva that constantly amazes him ("WHY do you know that?") We balance each other out perfectly.

10. Who does the laundry?
I do the laundry. I LOVE to do the laundry (seriously). I feel comforted by the warmth and smells of my laundry room. When we bought our house he went out of his way to make it cozy for me - he carpeted it and installed blinds, my Grandma made me some curtains...it is one of my favorite rooms in the house (that is ridiculous I know).

11. Who pays the bills?
Ugh, we both hate to do it, right now he pays them at work but we prefer the system where I pay them at home.

12. Who sleeps on the right side?
He sleeps on the right side.

13. Who mows the lawn?
Me, unless I'm injured, then he will help me out. I don't mind mowing too much, it is good exercise and I like the yard to look nice.

14. Who cooks dinner?
I do mostly. He will cook if I can't bear to do it or if I'm not feeling well, but often he gets home a lot later than me and it is easier if I have dinner almost ready for him. He cooks breakfast on the weekends.

15. Who drives?
Mark, unless we've been out partying and he needs to "rest" on the way home ;)

16. Who is more stubborn?
Definitely a toss up. He's more hot headed (as in "lets yell this out now"), I'm more reclusive (as in "I'll go take a nap and hopefully we won't be mad at each other when I wake up"). Usually one of us makes a joke or one of the pets do something stupid and we crack up, that breaks the ice and then we have a civil conversation to resolve the issue.

17. Who kissed who first?
I'm pretty sure he kissed me first, I was a little shy about that stuff.

18. Who asked who out first?
He asked me, I put him off a couple of times before I gave in - man, am I glad I gave in! ;)

19. Who proposed?
Mark did officially (as in with the ring etc) but we were already discussing it by the time the proposal happened. It is kind of a long story but when I first met his family his nieces and nephews were pretty young and called me "Miss Jennifer." We got a phone call from his sister letting us know she was expecting her third and I said to Mark "I would sure love to be AUNT Jennifer instead of Miss Jennifer to this one." And that set the wedding plans in motion. Happily, they ALL call me Aunt Jennifer now and "Miss Jennifer" is a thing of the past (they probably know who does the birthday and Christmas shopping, smart kids).

20. Who has more friends?
He does. I'm such a homebody. I have a few select, close friends...he has a network of people he hangs with.

21. Who is more sensitive?
Me. He's sensitive about some things like our dog, Louie, that passed away in 2004 and missing his family in New York. I'm sensitive about everything. We have a saying in our family "She cries at the drop of a hat and she carries her own hat!"

22. Who has more siblings?
Complicated question. I have two younger sisters and one younger brother. He has an older brother and older sister...and also two step brothers on his dad's side and a step brother and step sister on his mom's side. Yeah, you should see their family tree!

23. Who wears the pants?
He does. I guess I'm kind of old fashioned but I like it that way. It isn't like he doesn't take my opinion into account when he makes decisions but I leave the major decisions to him and I decide what's for dinner :)

Labels:

1 Comments:

Blogger Bill Roehl said...

unless we've been out partying and he needs to "rest" on the way home ;)

heh! That's pretty much the only time my wife drives too :)

3/18/2008 2:43 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

Search & Win
FREE hit counter and Internet traffic statistics from freestats.com
Who Links Here