Sunday, September 09, 2007

Middle Name Meme

I saw this meme on another blog (Actual Unretouched Photo - nice blog, she writes humorously about her life as a Pastor's wife and mother to 4 children).

The gist of the meme is "Write a post using each letter of your middle name describing something relevant to your life. Tag the same amount of people as you have letters in your name."

I don't want to do the meme. I want to complain about it...not about the meme, but about my middle name.

My father named me after a cheesy pop tune "Jennifer Juniper." My first name is Jennifer (definition: White; fair; smooth). I was born in 1972. Beginning in 1970 Jennifer was the number 1 girl name until 1985...when it dropped to 2nd place. I went to a small Catholic school through 8th grade, there was 23 students in our class and 4 of those students were named Jennifer (Jen, Jenny, etc). My name is boring. Don't get me wrong, I don't hate my first name. I'm used to it and it fits me. I prefer Jennifer, not Jen or Jenny.

My middle name is Lynn. If you asked 20 women their middle name I bet you would have at least 3 Lynns. When you look up the meaning of Lynn it states "n/a" as in not applicable. It doesn't mean ANYTHING. It just is.

Now, as a rule, Jennifer Lynn would be a fine name. My complaint is that I am the oldest of 5 children and I am the only one with a completely boring name. Yeah, I know, I'm the oldest, by default I have the most baby pictures. I would trade some of those pictures for a cooler name.

My first sister is named Megan Rosemary. My mom was reading "The Thornbirds" and the main character's name was Megan - mom loved the name. Rosemary is a combination of her two grandmother's names and one of our aunts.

My second sister is named Colleen Ann. My mom had a sister that died at birth, her name was Colleen. Ann is the middle name of our other aunt and part of our grandmother's name.

Both sisters have beautiful Irish sounding names that match our heritage.

My first brother is named Jacob Thomas. Thomas is a family name - my grandfather's name and the middle name of my oldest uncle.

My second brother is named Lucas Steven. Steven is also a family name - most of the boys in our extended family have Steven as their middle name.

I guess there isn't really a point to this long winded rant other than I wish I had a more meaningful name...although I do like that my dad picked out my whole name by himself. And really, Lynn isn't that bad of a name...never mind.

Labels:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

Search & Win
FREE hit counter and Internet traffic statistics from freestats.com
Who Links Here