Monday, October 27, 2008

Monday Night

One day down, four days to go until the weekend! Today kind of sucked - work was slightly busy and we had one of those stupid quarterly, mandatory meetings where they tell us crap that has little to no impact for our area.

Since I got home at 5:30 I've been working on laundry and surfing the net. We've been in a bad place laundry wise for many months now. A few months ago our dryer stopped working, after drying for 10 minutes it would flip the circuit. For a while I could get it to work on medium heat, then low heat but eventually it stopped working completely. The first thing we tried was taking apart the dryer and cleaning lint from every conceivable location, but it didn't work. Next, Mark did some research on our dryer and ordered the initial parts we thought would help (heating element). He put the new heating element in and we crossed our fingers...it worked for one load. *GROAN* Mark did more research and found a site that seemed to describe our exact problem (with the circuit). He ordered the parts the site recommended and installed them for me on Thursday. The first load I did was beach towels (all wet from the hot tub users at the Halloween party) and they dried up nice and fluffy warm! We were so excited! So I did another load, put it in the dryer, washed a third load and waited until this morning to switch the loads. I opened the dryer to what felt like wet clothes...I was thinking to myself that I either forgot to turn the dryer on (hey, its happened before) OR perhaps the outside temperature made the clothes feel cold and they weren't actually wet. I turned the dial for 70 minutes and hoped for the best. I got home this evening and the clothes were still cold/wet. So now I have three loads of wet clothes and a nonworking dryer. I did try drying the clothes again but the top of the dryer never got warm even after 10 minutes! As Charlie Brown would say..."ARGHHHHHHHHHHH!" Mark has volleyball Mondays, Tuesdays, and Wednesdays this fall so it will be a couple nights before he can take a look at it. Yuck - I hope none of the laundry turns moldy. He's so handy and I'm blessed to have him, I know it bothers him when he can't fix something for me asap. Hopefully we'll get it back on track soon.

So, this might be the most boring post ever created! In my defense, I do have a migraine and am tired.

Telly is whining to go outside, he doesn't quite understand that the balmy summer evenings have come to an end and chilly fall nights have begun.

Well, I know it is only 9:00 but I think I'm heading to bed.

Until tomorrow, Internets!

Labels:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

Search & Win
FREE hit counter and Internet traffic statistics from freestats.com
Who Links Here