Sunday, November 02, 2008

Like drunk dialing...only blog writing.

So, I've had some wine tonight. Honestly, I might grab some more later. Any men folk that read might want to skip this post....if you read on that's your problem not mine.

So, we've been trying to have a baby for over 5 years now. We got serious about it 2 years ago. So far I've gone through many rounds of Clomid and FSH (injections at home), still no baby. We're embarking on yet another round of FSH this week. We are going to go one step further this month and and attempt to do the artificial insemination (artificially introducing the sperm into my uterus when eggs are ready to roll). I'm on yet another drug this cycle (Medroxyprogesterone) and I begin the ultrasounds tomorrow (to measure the follicles and estimate when the eggs will be ready to be released. Blah. It is a huge headache and I know in the end if we have a baby it will ALL be worth it, but right now it really sucks. So, if you're a praying sort, some prayers would be appreciated.

In other news, Halloween has come and gone. We didn't get many trick or treaters this year. I think maybe 5 or 6 groups of kids. At least 2 groups of older kids didn't have ANY costumes on, just regular street clothes. I gave them the cheap gum. Bastards! Either you're too cool for the whole Halloween experience (dressing up and trick or treating) OR you're going to need to put forth some effort and at least wear a costume of some sort.

Mark's parents arrive Thursday evening, we're excited to spend time with them. For the first time both Mark and I have time off for when they're here! We're hoping to do some fun stuff while they're here. I know we're going to Buca on Friday night for my dad and step mother's birthday dinner, that should be fun. I think we're going to do the apple orchard that weekend. We're also planning a trip to a Brazilian restaurant called Fogo de Chao My father-in-law, Bruce, LOVES him some steak so this should be a fun evening. Hopefully we'll have nice weather and a nice time spending time together. Anyway, the house needs a thorough cleaning before they arrive but I'm not going to kill myself. I have to say I have the best mother-in-law - she really doesn't care if the house is clean, etc. She's cool like that.

Ok, more wine and then hitting the sack. I have to be in downtown Saint Paul for my 8:20 appointment. yippee!

Labels:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

Search & Win
FREE hit counter and Internet traffic statistics from freestats.com
Who Links Here