Thursday, February 21, 2008

Sad today

Most of the time my posts are about being frugal or saving money at CVS, but sometimes the sadness takes over and I slip back into depression. This time of year is always hard for me. Christmas is over, the anniversary of my mom's passing (Jan 4), the anniversary of my brother passing (Feb 22), and the anniversary of our beloved Louie passing (Mar 26).

This year has been especially difficult with the surgery and medication issues (prednisone is NOT good for me).

Anyway, this time of year I think of Louie and reflect on the fact that we missed some pretty obvious signs that his health was in trouble we just never realized how serious it was until it was too late.

My mom was a huge animal lover. When Louie died in my arms I told him to "Go find Grandma!! She wants to walk with you." If you're not an animal person this sounds corny, but if you've ever loved a pet and you believe in an after life I'm sure you understand what I'm trying to say. The thought of my mom patiently walking with Louie on endless walks (with my bff, Carrie's ornery beagle Annie)...sometimes it is the only thing that gets me through losing Louie. It has been almost 4 years and I ache like it happened this morning.

This is Louie's Dogster page.

Rainbow Bridge Memorial

Labels:

2 Comments:

Blogger CL said...

Annie: its hot. im hungry. lets lay down. im hungry. i have to poop. im hungry. dont put any shit in my ears i hate that. im hungry. its hot. im hungry. *sigh* retards.

thats my girl:)

2/21/2008 3:37 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I'm sorry for all of your losses! It is such a hard time of year.

2/21/2008 7:39 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

Search & Win
FREE hit counter and Internet traffic statistics from freestats.com
Who Links Here