CVS Tales 01/28/08
Well, it has been another whirlwind month filled with doctor's appointments and minor setbacks. My incision/back/neck are all healing fairly well but I've been having some issues with the medications prescribed AFTER surgery (particularly the Prednisone). I'm not back to work full time, still working 1/2 days this week (except for tomorrow when I have two medical appointments so I won't be attending work at all). I was planning on going back to work full time next week , however, I received my Federal Jury Summons and I have to report 02/04/08. HILARIOUS! Luckily my supervisor is being really cool about everything so I'm not worried about missing more work. I figure they've done fine without me for this long so why not do my patriotic duty and let the co-workers keep picking up the slack for a while longer!
Now, on to the main event. This was an exciting trip to CVS however it was poorly planned. I forgot to hand over 2 coupons for $3 EACH on the Robitussin. I know I have some other coupons I forgot to pull out of my file. But the WORST mistake I made was not printing all the great CVS coupons out right now. I was only able to use the $4/$20 and $3/$15. So. Disappointed.
Here is the breakdown:
2 Energizer 4 pack Rechargeable AA Batteries $8.00 ea (regular price $11.99 ea) = $16.00
2 Fructis 2-in-1 Shampoo 25.4 oz $5.00 ea (regular price $7.79 ea) = $10.00
2 Lays Sour Cream and Onion Potato Chips 12.5oz $2.00 ea = $4.00
2 Robitussin Cough & Cold Night Time Remedy 8oz $6.00 ea (regular price $7.79) = $12.00
1 Advil PM Liquid Gels 16ct $4.00 (regular price $5.19) = $4.00
1 Arm & Hammer Toothpaste 4.3oz $1.99 (regular price $3.99) = $1.99
1 Gillette Fusion Phantom Razor $9.99 (regular price $11.99) = $9.99
1 Excedrin Migraine 250ct $11.99 (regular price $14.99) = $11.99
1 Cottonelle Bath Tissue 20 pack $4.99 (regular price is $9.99)
1 Hershey Kisses 12oz $3.49
1 Hershey Mini Candy Bars FREE (Hershey products were buy one get one free - saved $3.49)
1 2 pack of Mennen Irish Spring Deodorant $4.99
2 12 packs of Diet Cherry Coke $4.49 ea = $8.98
1 CVS Stain Remover .25oz $1.99
1 Gillette Satin Care 7oz Shaving Gel $2.79 (the shelf was marked $2.09 grrr)
1 Tostitos Restaurant Size 13oz $3.49
1 2 pack of Valentine Rubber Duckies (the shelf was marked $1.99 grrr)
Total before coupons $103.68
(plus tax) - the total without sale prices would have been $140.48 (plus tax)
I had the following coupons:
1 Energizer Manufacturer Coupon ($2.00) peelie
1 Energizer Manufacturer Coupon ($2.00) peelie
1 Advil PM Liquid Gels ($1.00)
1 Arm & Hammer Advance White Toothpaste ($.75)
1 Gillette Fusion Phantom ($2.00)
1 Excedrin Migraine ($3.00)
Total Coupons $10.75
I used the following ECBs:
CVS ECB ($10.00)
CVS ECB ($3.00)
CVS ECB ($4.00)
CVS ECB ($2.00)
CVS ECB ($1.00)
CVS ECB ($3.00)
CVS ECB ($1.00)
CVS ECB ($4.49)
CVS ECB ($1.00)
CVS ECB ($2.50)
CVS ECB ($10.00)
Total ECB used $42.99
With tax my total out of pocket was $51.58 which I paid by using my gift cards I earned last time I transfered prescriptions from Walgreens to CVS!!! Personally, I think $51.58 out of pocket is HORRIBLE. If I had used the $15/$75, the $10/$50, AND the $5/$30 I would have saved an additional THIRTY DOLLARS!!!!!!!!!!!! ARGHHHH!
The only redeeming part of this CVS trip...
ECB (Extra Care Bucks) earned for future trips:
$5.00 (from purchasing the Fructis products)
$10.00 (from purchasing the Robitussin and Advil products)
$6.00 (from purchasing the Energizer Batteries)
$1.00 (from purchasing the Arm & Hammer toothpaste)
$6.00 (from purchasing the Gillette Phantom Razor)
$5.00 (from purchasing the Excedrin)
$2.00 (from purchasing the Cottonelle Toilet Tissue)
$2.00 (from purchasing the Mennen deodorant)
TOTAL ECBs EARNED $37.00
Next time I'll do a little more planning with my favorite websites Money Saving Mom and Thrifty Florida Mama!
And of course I must consult more with my bff, Carrie...she has turned into the Queen of CVS. We do our best shopping together (she's good at making friends with the young check out clerks).
How many more days before the February CVS catalog shows up?!?! :)
Labels: Coupon Tales





0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home