Wednesday, November 28, 2007

CVS Tales 11/27/07

I was hesitant to blog about this trip to CVS because I had quite the ordeal checking out but I will try to explain as best I can. I did three transactions this day because I finally found a CVS that had Nova Max Glucose Monitors in stock. Fellow couponers "in the know" will remember that CVS was running a deal for National Diabetes Month (November). There was a $50 coupon for the monitors. The monitors were on sale for $29.99 and would spit out a $20 ECB when purchased!

Transaction #1

1 Nova Max Glucose Monitor $29.99 (regular price is $59.99)
2 Tostitos 13 ounce bags $3.49 each = 6.98 (here is where I should have realized this wasn't going to be my day at CVS - I thought the chips were going to ring up 2/$5 and I needed them for a pot luck today)

Total was $36.97

I used the following coupons:
Nova Max Glucose Monitor ($29.99)
1 CVS Printable Coupon ($5/$30) - printable from this site

Balance Due $1.98 (paid with Gift Card from transferring prescription - nothing OOP)

ECB (Extra Care Bucks) earned for future trips:
$20.00 (from purchasing Nova Max)
Total earned $20.00!!!

Transaction #2

1 Nova Max Glucose Monitor $29.99 (regular price is $59.99)
1 Popcorn tin (Christmas present) $4.99 (regular price is $5.99)
2 Ponds Cucumber Wipes $6.99 x 2 = $13.98
2 Hershey's Mini candy bars $2.99 x 2 = $5.98 (I thought these were going to ring BOGO)

Total was $54.94

I used the following coupons:
Nova Max Glucose Monitor ($29.99)
1 CVS Printable Coupon ($5/$30) - printable from this site
CVS ECB ($2.96)
CVS ECB ($3.00)
CVS ECB ($4.00)
CVS ECB ($6.99)

Balance Due $3.00(paid with Gift Card from transferring prescription - nothing OOP)

ECB (Extra Care Bucks) earned for future trips:
$20.00 (from purchasing Nova Max)
$5.00 (from purchasing $10 of Ponds products)
Total earned $25.00!!!

Transaction #3

1 Nova Max Glucose Monitor $29.99 (regular price is $59.99)
3 12 packs of Coca Cola $10 (on sale 3/$10 regular price is $4.49 per 12 pack)

Total was $39.99

I used the following coupons:
Nova Max Glucose Monitor ($29.99)
CVS ECB ($8.97)

Balance Due $1.03 (paid with Gift Card from transferring prescription - nothing OOP)

ECB (Extra Care Bucks) earned for future trips:
$20.00 (from purchasing Nova Max)
Total earned $20.00!!!


Total merchandise purchased: $131.90 (including sale prices)
Total paid (using gift card) $6.01 (4% of purchase prices)
Total ECBs earned $65.00

In retrospect I could have done a lot better if I had printed and used some of the CVS coupons that are available to print. I could have used a $5/$30 on EACH transaction as well as a $3/$15 and $2/$10. That would have freed up some of the ECBs I used as well as left more on my gift card. Oh well, live and learn. This should teach me to be PATIENT and wait for the "experts" (Crystal and Angie) to help me plan my purchases before shopping.

Labels:

2 Comments:

Blogger Unknown said...

Mrs. Marcos I think you had an awesome day at CVS! You did great! I am happy you were able to find some NovaMeters. I'm still in search of one more but I've been told the Nova deal is going to last until Dec. 8th. Keep up the good work!

Angie

12/02/2007 7:23 PM  
Blogger Mrs Marcos said...

Yeah, those Nova meters were rather elusive! I was happy to snag 3 of them and earn the ECBs! Thanks for all your tips and tricks, I've learned a LOT from you!! :)

12/04/2007 12:15 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

Search & Win
FREE hit counter and Internet traffic statistics from freestats.com
Who Links Here