Tuesday, December 04, 2007

Real life interferes with CVS/Walgreens shopping...

Well, I've had a heck of a week. I've been having back pain for a few weeks now. I was in to see the doctor on 11/12 and then again on 11/30...and went to physical therapy during that time. By the end of the day 11/30 I was so miserable we went BACK to the clinic. The next morning I was even more miserable and my entire right arm was numb. At that point I started to worry I could be having a stroke or blood clot so we headed to the emergency room. I was admitted to the hospital because the ER couldn't get the pain under control. They did an ultrasound to check for blood clots but they didn't find anything. I had an MRI and that is when they found the herniated disc - apparently the disc is bulging and interfering with some of the nerves in my right arm. Interesting! Anyway, I was in the hospital until this afternoon. Funny story - my friend, Carrie, came to see me and in my gift bag was the weekly CVS ad AND the monthly ECB ad from CVS!! Best "get well soon" gift ever!! We're planning our official trip for later in the week but I did hit a few of the deals while I was getting my five prescriptions filled.

Transaction 1 - 1st CVS Store
RX (prescription) $0 (I think I met my deductible for copays so all of the meds were free)
CVS Gift card for "new prescription" +$25.00

Earned $25, nothing OOP


Transaction 2 - 1st CVS Store

5 CVS cough drops $.99 each = $4.95 (regular price would have been $1.19 ea x 5 = $5.95)
1 CVS throat spray $4.79
1 8" Christmas plate $.99
TOTAL $10.73 plus taxes

COUPONS
1 CVS Coupon $2/$10
1 CVS Coupon $2 on CVS Cough/Cold Remedy - printable here
1 ECB $2.50
TOTAL COUPONS $6.50

Balance Due $4.23(paid with Gift Card from transferring prescription - nothing OOP)

ECB (Extra Care Bucks) earned for future trips:
$4.95 (from purchasing CVS Cough drops)
Total earned $4.95!!!

Transaction 3 - 2nd CVS Store
4 Kashi 7 Grain Crackers $10 ($2.50 each, regular price $3.19 each)
1 Dunkin Donuts Vanilla Coffee $5.99 (regular price would have been $7.99 - for dh's Christmas stocking)
1 Oasis Moist Mouth Spray $5.99 (regular price $7.99)
5 Plush Animal gift card holders $14.95 ($2.99 each - this is what we send to our nieces and nephews in NY)
TOTAL $36.93 PLUS TAXES

COUPONS
Oasis Moist Product $1.50
Kashi Crackers $2.00
Kashi Crachers $2.00
ECB $2.00
ECB $3.00
ECB $3.00
ECB $4.00
ECB $20.00
TOTAL COUPONS $37.50

NOTHING OUT OF POCKET!


ECB (Extra Care Bucks) earned for future trips:
$5.99 (from purchasing Oasis Moist Mouth Spray)
Total earned $5.99!!!


Transaction 4 - 3nd CVS Store (this is a brand new store so they had "grand opening coupons"
RX (prescription) $0 (I think I met my deductible for copays so all of the meds were free)
2 Cans of Italian Cookies (Christmas presents) $2.99 ea = $5.98
1 Advil PM Liquid 16 count $5.19 (had a peelie for $2 off)
1 CVS Anti Cavity Rinse $3.99
1 CVS Day/Night Liquid Cold Medicine $7.99
1 CVS Ibuprofen 80 count liquid gels $7.49
1 Lays Wavy Potato Chips 13 ounce $3.49
TOTAL $34.13 plus taxes

COUPONS
1 Advil peelie Coupon $2
1 CVS Coupon $3 ($3 off any CVS brand product)
1 CVS Coupon $3 ($3/$15 purchase)
1 CVS Coupon $.99 (I'm not sure what this is - the other coupon I had was for FREE Lays Potato chips so it should have been $3.49, probably not worth going back)
TOTAL COUPONS $8.99

Balance Due $25.14 (paid with Gift Card from transferring prescriptions - nothing OOP)

Earned for future trips:
CVS Gift card for "new prescription" +$25.00
Total earned $25.00!!!

Transaction 5 - 4th Store
RX (prescription) $0 (I think I met my deductible for copays so all of the meds were free)
CVS Gift card for "new prescription" +$25.00
Earned $25, nothing OOP



So, to summarize this trip:
Out of pocket = $0.00
Paid by gift card = $29.37
Gift cards earned = $75.00
ECBs earned = $10.99

Labels:

6 Comments:

Blogger Slappy said...

I'm so angry with myself that I read all of this that I feel like I have to do something to make up for it. There are plenty of local soup kitchens. I could volunteer to help the Salvation Army sort donated clothes. I might just stop by a nursing home and visit with a few members of the Greatest Generation while we still have them around. I know that none of this is as self-affirming as making calculated moves against CVS in an attempt to get "free" gift cards, but I'm only one man.

How much time did you spend planning your shopping "heist"? Obviously the injuries you complain about in the begining of your poorly written account of fraud aren't so bad that they kept you from making your ill-intended rounds to 4 different CVS stores.

I pity you and your little life, but only for another few minutes. You are a boring nothing and don't really warrant any actual emotions.

A good friend of mine works for a company that hunts down cases of fraud and trademark infringement. CVS is a client of hers. I'm forwarding your blog's URL to her. If nothing else she can get a good laugh at the pathetic people that are trying to defraud the system.

I do have questions though:

How much did you spend on gas going from store to store? I don't see that marked out in you summary of the day's "shopping."

Do people actually read your blog regularly? I stumbled upon it by accident, but I wonder if there are people as sickeningly common as you are that might actually enjoy reading the transcripts of your CVS receipts.

Do you think that your scam is so complicated that others couldn't figure it out? Do you think of this blog as some sort of public service? Anyone could do what you are doing, but most people's time is too valuable. Not you, though.

Keep up the good "work"!

2/15/2008 3:50 PM  
Blogger CL said...

chris should perhaps get a life, or try to buy a semblance of one. Where is the fradulent behavior? The fact that you went to different CVS store to use a coupon they put out is "fraudulent" in what definition of the word? the fact that you use CVS coupons to the extent their own customer service has told you to use them is again "fraudulent" how? maybe chris is just pissed that his girlfriend only gave him a handjob for v-day when he really wanted a hummer? someone needs to take a sunshine pill and quit blowing smoke up other peoples asses. something tells me when his "friend" gets your URL and looks at it, she rolls her eyes at his response just like we did. what an ass.

2/15/2008 4:22 PM  
Blogger Mrs Marcos said...

Chris, darling, I suggest you take your comments regarding my "fraudulent" coupon activities to www.hotcouponworld.com - I'm sure they would appreciate your insight on poor CVS and their situation.

Until then, I anxiously await word from your good friend who is no doubt investigating my activities as we speak.

Oh, and as for your comment "I stumbled upon it by accident"...um, no you didn't. You googled "CVS Gift Cards"..and since I don't show up until page 6 obviously you're pretty desperate to get your hands on some gift cards. If you need some help on how to obtain CVS gift cards or how to save money at CVS, again, I refer you to www.hotcouponworld.com or you can visit www.moneysavingmom.com or even http://thriftyfloridamama.blogspot.com/

Good luck in your shopping! Soon you'll be saving money like the rest of the frugal world!

2/15/2008 4:55 PM  
Blogger Slappy said...

Which definition of "fraudulent"? Any of them. How about "intended to deceive"? The actions you take are not what CVS intended for its customer base to do. I understand that if this is the type of activity that fills your day (defrauding a store and then writing about it on the internet as if you had contributed something to society) you are probably not blessed with an abundance of education. So I can forgive not knowing what the word "fraudulent" means.

As for my girlfriend and I, we had a lovely Valentine's Day. Limo ride, black-tie dinner and dancing, and jewelry. I can afford all of this because I have a college degree and a job. I travel around the world for work. I can't imagine how small a life someone has to have in order for them to run a legal scam on a store. Seems like a waste of time to me. (Writing this might seem like a waste of time, but I'm waiting for my girlfriend to meet me here at work so we can get to Logan Airport. We are going to London for the long weekend. I'm just killing time.)

Even my last post was written from work. I did all my work for the day and was just hanging around in case I was needed. Technically I earned money while writing my last post, and I didn't have to go to ANY CVSs. Weird, huh?

But you people go right ahead. Feel good about the cheep crap you get for even cheaper. Make all other American shoppers look as rat-faced as you are. As long as something isn't 100% illegal it must be exactly what people want for you to do.

And, by the way, my friend did roll her eyes, but not at me...

2/15/2008 5:00 PM  
Blogger Slappy said...

This comment has been removed by the author.

2/15/2008 5:02 PM  
Blogger Mrs Marcos said...

Here is the thing, Chris, you're not my "target" audience. It really doesn't matter to me if you think what I'm doing is wrong. You'll find thousands of other blogs out there that detail CVS and Walgreens transactions. If you're bored enough to find those blogs and write scathing comments...well, I guess that is what you do in your free time. Enjoy your long weekend in London...be sure to stop in to Boots and see if they are running any decent sales. Comments are closed now...just because I'd rather spend my time saving money than fighting with you.

Ever hear the saying "You have to be little to belittle someone?" ;)

2/15/2008 9:32 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

Search & Win
FREE hit counter and Internet traffic statistics from freestats.com
Who Links Here